Lukie said "Good morning Gio!" every day.
It took me a while to finish this post about these two brothers. When these pictures were taken, Giovanni was 4 weeks old and Luke was 31 months. They are my life. Luke was still adjusting to life with a little brother. He needed a lot of attention from Charlie and I. Every night before we put him to bed he cried and didn't want to sleep. Thank goodness, Gio slept very easily. Even when Lukie cried so loud, his little brother slept like an angel.
It's funny that the sound of the dog upstairs playing with his bone could wake up Gio, but not the sound of Lukie's voice. I think was already familiar with Luke's voice from his time in the tummy.
Even though Lukie needs a lot of attention, I've never felt that he envied or resented his brother. He loves to kiss Gio, and sometimes asks if he can hold Gio by himself. When Lukie cried because he wasn't getting his way, I asked him to give Gio a kiss "so he won't be scared." Lukie stopped crying for a moment and gave his brother a kiss on the lips. He loves Gio.
Like I said, Gio is already familiar with Luke. He never cries or is scared of Luke being loud around him or kissing him (even when the kissing is a bit too hard). He just smiles and looks content.
To both of you from Mommy:
You are my life and my everything. I love you guys more than you can imagine. I used to doubt that a mother could love her second child as much as the first. I got my answer the moment Gio was born.
Keep growing strong in heart and mind, both of you.
Love you guys so much,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment