We were busy packing last week because Charlie was hired by the company he worked for before we moved to New Jersey. We were welcomed by Papa Jim and my mom to stay with them until we find a place of our own. It was pretty difficult to pack and move with two kids to take care of. Our last night in New Jersey was on Friday, April 23. Lukie woke up in the middle of the night, around 3:30 a.m., and couldn't go back to sleep until we got on the road to Long Island. We left around 10:30 a.m. Lukie was very tired and he seemed to understand that something might be changing.
We got to Sag Harbor around 1:30 p.m. Luckily, Lukie slept in the car for most of the ride. I fed Gio just before we left, but he didn't take much, so I prepared a bottle that I could give him if he woke up while we were driving. I didn't want to hear a baby screaming in the car because it is so loud and makes us feel awful. I know because Lukie used to do that when he was a baby, and nothing could stop him, even if I sat in the back seat with him.
Just as I predicted, while we were driving across the Verazzano Bridge, Gio woke up and started to cry. I didn't want him to wake up Lukie. I unbuckled my seat belt and reached behind to gave Gio his bottle while Charlie was driving. Gio took his milk and I really appreciated having Gio bottle trained. With perfect timing, Gio finished his bottle right as we got off the bridge. I asked Charlie to stop at the next rest area so we could burp him.
Charlie pulled over at the rest area on the Bay Parkway with a view of the water. Lukie was still sleeping. We burped Gio, and played with him a little bit. He was very happy and smiling, and we even got his very first laugh.
Gio's development at three months:
-Starting to stand while I holding him.-Starting to roll from back to stomach.
-Recognizes my face and has separation anxiety (won't let others hold him for long).
-Laughing / giggling.
-When laying on his stomach, lifts his head up very high, and pushes his body up with his arms.
-I'm starting to feed him a small amount of oatmeal (1 teaspoon with 1 ounce of breastmilk) every other day, to see if it will help him sleep or nap longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment