Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Updates: 33 and 35 weeks

Two weeks ago I went to see the doctor for the little one's 33-week appointment. I had gained two pounds exactly since the previous check up. My weight was 131.4 pounds. Everything went well. I had one more doctor to meet from the OB practice, and I would be seeing her at the next appointment.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010. It was the date of my 35-week check up. Charlie, Lukie and I went to see the doctor together again. I knew that I had probably gained more weight than usual. During the past two weeks, because of Christmas and New Year's, I ate a lot and felt my stomach was going to pop after each meal.

At the check up: I gained five pounds total. I am now 136.4 pounds. The doctor did a strep B test and also an internal check. Surprisingly, I am already dilated 2 centimeters. I was a little shocked. She said it is because this is my second pregnancy, and that I can deliver any time over the next two weeks and the baby will be fine.

Oh, my goodness. I'm not ready yet. I feel like I have so many things I have to do to prepare for the little one's arrival. On Thursday morning, I spotted blood and thought I was going to deliver. I asked Charlie to call the doctor. She said not to worry, and that it was probably because of the examination the day before.

From now on, I have to see the doctor every week. I don't want the baby to be born too early, but I know he's going to come when he's ready.

3 comments:

Voramon said...

ใกล้แล้วปู ตื่นเต้นแทนอ่ะ ขอให้คลอดง่ายๆน๊ะจ๊ะ แล้วจะรอฟังข่าวอย่างใจจดใจจ่อ

adventures in rhode island said...

oh wow, panadda. i guess second pregnancies are quicker?! rest up as much as you can now! a few friends of mine are on their second babies now and i have good news for you- for all of them it was only minutes of pushing this time!! :) here's hoping baby gives you a little more time to get ready! xxoo

Pan and the boys said...

Thankyou Sis Little and Shannon very much for your comments.Yes, yesterday when I went to see the Doctor, she also said the same thing too. It is going to be fast this time,so don't wait just come to the hospitle right the way (^^").