Yesterday I had another appointment with my obstetrician. I went with Charlie's mother. Charlie stayed home and gave Lukie some breakfast. (The water was running brown in the morning because of a broken water main in town, so we were a little behind schedule.)
I like to make my doctor's appointments early in the morning, before I have breakfast, so I can see my real weight. This week I gained exactly one pound. My weight was 137.4 pounds. I was dilated about 3 centimeters. I didn't have any questions for the doctor, even though my back, hips and butt hurt. I know these pains are just a part of pregnancy and hope they will go away after the little one arrives.
The doctor asked me if I've been having contractions. I said yes, and they always feel very strong at night. The little one still moves a lot and very strongly. This made me wonder if he has a lot of room to move because he is small. The doctor said that if the contractions get stronger and I know it's time, don't wait, just go to the hospital right away. It is going to be faster than the first time. Well, I already packed my bag and have to see what else I should bring to the hospital.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Another OB appointment. The doctor I was supposed to see was sick, so I saw the same doctor as the previous two visits. After every examination from her, I always see blood the next day. It hurts after she checks me. This time, I almost couldn't walk back to the waiting room. I told my mother-in-law. She joked that maybe the doctor was trying to break my water. The doctor also asked me if I wanted to induce. Right away, I said no. I want the little one to come when he's ready. I think she forgot to check the little one's heartbeat and measure my stomach, because after the internal checkup she just said goodbye. I was a little annoyed about that.
This week I gained almost two pounds. I am now 139.2 pounds. Oh no, cookies and brownies are making me gain more than I did the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment