It's been almost six months since we started potty training Lukie. It was on-again, off-again at first because Lukie was very resistant to the idea.
After Lukie and I returned from Thailand, Charlie and I decided to be more persistent about potty training, but without putting too much pressure on Lukie. It seems to be going well now. Lukie knows how to tell Charlie or I when he wants to sit on the potty. He doesn't always make a poop, but at least he's trying. He seems to be ready now.
Since December, he's been pooping in the toilet about three to four times a week. Still, he often just goes in the corner and does his business without saying a word until he's finished ("Can you change my diaper?"). I understand that sometimes he just can't help it.
So far he's had one accident. He pooped a little and asked to get off the toilet. After Charlie wiped him, he rushed off to play with his toys. All of a sudden, I saw him walking back to the bathroom with one hand over his butt and a toy car in his other hand. He walked over to Charlie, who was still in the bathroom, and said, "Uh-oh, Daddy. Uh-oh. I made another poop, Daddy. Can you dump it in the potty?" (>_<") Thank goodness, the poop only fell out of his butt in the bathroom and not on the carpet outside! Too bad I stepped on it when I came to see what was going on. (o_O) So Charlie and I cleaned up the mess and gave Lukie a bath. But anyway, it was good that he knew where he was supposed to go when he felt the poop coming. Keep on going, my baby. This is going to be a big milestone. Alright, that's enough about this subject! What's for lunch?
After Lukie and I returned from Thailand, Charlie and I decided to be more persistent about potty training, but without putting too much pressure on Lukie. It seems to be going well now. Lukie knows how to tell Charlie or I when he wants to sit on the potty. He doesn't always make a poop, but at least he's trying. He seems to be ready now.
Since December, he's been pooping in the toilet about three to four times a week. Still, he often just goes in the corner and does his business without saying a word until he's finished ("Can you change my diaper?"). I understand that sometimes he just can't help it.
So far he's had one accident. He pooped a little and asked to get off the toilet. After Charlie wiped him, he rushed off to play with his toys. All of a sudden, I saw him walking back to the bathroom with one hand over his butt and a toy car in his other hand. He walked over to Charlie, who was still in the bathroom, and said, "Uh-oh, Daddy. Uh-oh. I made another poop, Daddy. Can you dump it in the potty?" (>_<") Thank goodness, the poop only fell out of his butt in the bathroom and not on the carpet outside! Too bad I stepped on it when I came to see what was going on. (o_O) So Charlie and I cleaned up the mess and gave Lukie a bath. But anyway, it was good that he knew where he was supposed to go when he felt the poop coming. Keep on going, my baby. This is going to be a big milestone. Alright, that's enough about this subject! What's for lunch?
1 comment:
i am roaring with laughter over here at your description of the "poop accident"!!!! especially at the "unfortunately i stepped in it" part!! he's doing great, though, he'll get there soon!
Post a Comment