Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Gio's First Birthday






On Gio's first birthday I had planned to take him to get his passport, but it was snowing, so I called the post office and canceled the appointment. Charlie couldn't drive to work because the roads were very slippery.

So Daddy was home for Gio's birthday and helped me make the birthday cake. I got a yellow cake recipe online. It was the best I've ever made, moist and delicious. I decided to do something special. Rather than just a round cake, I made it in the shape of the number one. Because Charlie was home, I was also able to cook dinner.

Gio was happy as always, walking and playing with his and Lukie's toys. After dinner, Gio got to blow out his candles. Lukie helped him. Then Gio played with his cake, poking it with his finger but never actually tasting it.

After Gio's bath it was time to open the birthday presents. He had presents from Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Shannon, Uncle Johnny and Sadie. Lukie loved helping Gio open the presents and "checked" them first. Gio didn't mind but when he wanted something he took it from Lukie and said, "no, no, no-toh." That was pretty funny.

The birthday boy went to bad happily like every night. I actually like this kind of birthday party. It was just for us and very mellow but still memorable.

Grow strong, honey. Mommy, Daddy and Lukie love you very much. Thanks for being such a good boy throughout the year. A lot of kisses from everyone to you.

Love you so much.

No comments: