Monday, October 27, 2008

Aquatics class for Lukie

At 8 months old in the small pool in the backyard

Ready to swim with Mommy

Lukie and I have been attending a swimming class at a fitness club for more than 2 months now. He loves water. I like the pool here because it is very clean. Lukie is the youngest student in the class (he started at 13 months old) .
After 2 months I can see his progress. He can put his face in the water for a second. He loves to jump into the water. He is brave enough to be under water for 3 seconds. He knows the signal when he has to inhale and jump into the pool while holding my two hands. The signal is when I blow air onto his face and count "one, two, three and jump." At first he didn't like getting his face wet but now he seems to be okay with it.
Lukie at first swimming lesson, 13 months old.
The instructor said from the beginning of the lesson that Lukie is very calm and that he will learn pretty fast. After 5 weeks passed I noticed that he started to blow air out of his mouth and tried to put his face into the water to blow bubbles. Lukie does pretty good with floating. In his class the instructor tries to make babies or young children get familiar with a lifesaver. Lukie loves pool toys, especially the "ball." I love to play with Lukie in the pool, too. He loves me to spin him around in the water. He laughs very loud when he makes a big splash in the pool. Well, what can I said? He loves water.
After swimming class, when I take Lukie home, he eats like a horse. Woo-hoo! I love it.

No comments: