It has been one month today since I started having Lukie take some responsibility around the house. I'm trying to teach him to put his dinner plate or his cup in the sink every when he's finished and he does this most of the time.
On Christmas Charlie gave Lukie his wish. It was a new Nintendo 3DS with a game. He loves it so much that he wants to play it every day. Personally, I don't want him to play it at all. I don't like to deal with his crankiness after it's time to stop playing the game. I would rather him use his imagination or make me busy in the kitchen than playing Nintendo DS.
I made a rule. I told Lukie if he wants to play the game from now on he has to help me with the household chores. I will only let him play Nintendo after he finishes his adding exercises and empties all the bathroom waste baskets (there are two bathrooms) and the waste basket by the computer desk.
The first week I had to remind him to do it when he asked me if he could play Nintendo. Some days, when he wanted to play the game he would ask me if he has to throw the garbage and I would say yes.
Lukie checks the waste baskets every day now, sometimes before he wants to play the game but sometimes he checks them and empties them for me before breakfast time.
I made a rule. I told Lukie if he wants to play the game from now on he has to help me with the household chores. I will only let him play Nintendo after he finishes his adding exercises and empties all the bathroom waste baskets (there are two bathrooms) and the waste basket by the computer desk.
The first week I had to remind him to do it when he asked me if he could play Nintendo. Some days, when he wanted to play the game he would ask me if he has to throw the garbage and I would say yes.
Lukie checks the waste baskets every day now, sometimes before he wants to play the game but sometimes he checks them and empties them for me before breakfast time.
I'm very proud that Lukie knows his responsibility and does not hesitate to do it.
Mommy is very proud of you, baby. I love you
No comments:
Post a Comment