Thursday, August 19, 2010

Picking berries (something spontaneous that worked out well)

Giovanni and Lukie in a wooden John Deere truck.
Luke the Pirate.


Arrr...


Lukie told me where and how to pick berries.


Get ready.


August 12, 2010

Lukie napped this afternoon, which is unusual. He got up around 3 o'clock. I knew that if he didn't get some exercise, it would be a long night for Charlie and I. So I took him with Gio to a farm in the Hamptons to pick berries. Lukie was excited and Gio was good for the whole 20-minute drive.


After picking berries, Lukie played in the playground on the farm. He was so happy, and had lots of fun running around like crazy. He has so much energy but I was tired and hoped he would fall asleep easily tonight.


Lukie doesn't like to pick raspberries because they are so delicate. They turn to mush in his hands and he doesn't like the mess. He prefers blackberries. I like to pick blackberries, too. There were huge ones at this farm. Lukie ate a couple "by accident" while I was handing them to him to put into the box.

Sometimes, doing something spontaneous works out well. Tonight, Lukie and Gio went to bed at their usual time and fell asleep. Thank goodness!

No comments: